relocate for work or they’re just ready to move on, there are always things left behind when you clean up after them.
Depending on how long they’ve lived on the property and their habits, this could range from a few items such as an old TV or piece of furniture to an entire apartment full of stuff. So, what do you do when your tenants leave belongings behind in Phoenix, AZ? Keep reading to find out!
Tenants Left Belongings Behind: What To Do
Legally, There Are Some Things To Consider
- If you’re a landlord, your first duty is to give the tenant a written abandonment notice. It should indicate that their belongings have been safely stored and are considered abandoned.
- If the tenant doesn’t contact you within 5 days after receiving personal delivery of the notice; or 8 days after receiving mail delivery of the notice, you may sell or dispose of the items.
- If the landlord cannot contact the heir of a deceased tenant within ten days after the death, the landlord may dispose of the tenant’s possessions. If the landlord reaches an authorized person, they can enter the property to collect the items.
The authorized person then has either twenty days or the last day that rent is paid to remove all belongings. If they do not remove all belongings within that time, the landlord can remove any items and has no further responsibility to the tenant’s estate or heirs.
What Comes After?
- Donating: If there are items in good condition, but you do not want to keep them on the property, consider donating them to a local charity. This is a great way to get rid of items and help those in need simultaneously!
- Hiring Dumpster Rental Services: If the tenant has left behind a lot of trash or items you can’t donate or sell, your best bet is to rent a dumpster. This will ensure that everything is disposed of correctly and on time.
- Calling A Junk Removal Company: Another option for getting rid of larger items or many things at once is hiring a junk removal company. This is an excellent option if you don’t have the time or ability to remove the items yourself.
Let Us Save The Day: Dumpster Rental & Junk Removal Services In Phoenix
Garbage Guy is a locally-owned and operated junk removal company. We provide the most effective dumpster rental services in Phoenix, Arizona. If your tenants left behind some belongings and never claimed them, we can help you get rid of them.
We’ll take care of the entire process for you so that you don’t have to worry about anything. Contact us today. We can help you get your property back to its original condition! You can also get a free instant quote by browsing our website.